Saturday, July 21, 2012

Confessions of an Envious Mom

I'm Jennifer, a 34-year-old wife to a great, funny husband and mom of a super-special three-year-old daughter (more on that super-special part later) living deep in the South. I read voraciously and love to talk books.

I also read blogs (and shamelessly pin related Pinterest pins) by moms who "have it all together:" you know, the ones who have figured out the secret to taming the tantrums of a three-year-old while simultaneously directing their other children in producing creative masterpieces that I couldn't even do myself AND cooking a gourmet meal with non-GMO, locally-grown ingredients AND cleaning their entire house in perfectly organized order in under 30 minutes as explained in a previous blog post while taking step-by-step photographs of aforementioned tasks for a future blog post.  
WHEW! My anxiety is through the roof just typing that. Although it could be the lack of punctuation for effect that I just ruined with this sentence.

If it sounds as if I am jealous of these moms, you are correct. However, I have come to terms with my envy and now hope to learn just a little lesson or two from these supermoms. Because, let's face it. I'll probably never stop reading these blogs and wishing I could just "get it together" for once!

I also know that I am not that mom- or wife or person. And this is Not Your Normal Mommy Blog.

Follow along on the adventures, admissions, aspirations of this imperfect Mom.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see you in the blogging world! maybe you will inspire me to update ours;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Nicole! I love all your pictures - I just snuck a quick peek and will catch up on everything in the world of Graves soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooohhhh, i am so excited that one of the funniest mamas i know is sharing with us :) looking forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! I had no idea you were blogging!! yay!

    ReplyDelete